Thursday, July 9, 2009

My first freelance cosplay job ^ ^

So yesterday I lived a dream of mine. To actually be asked to cosplay and get paid for it. Awesome right? I'm sure most cosplayers dreamt of doing that at least once in their cosplay life. So yeah, the job was simple. Cosplay as a manga character (in my case, Tamaki Suoh). I wasn't alone in this. My nee-san Akiko along with Deidara and Guki were on the job cosplaying manga characters too. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to share *pokes Aoshi in hopes he has a few to show*. Regardless, all we had to do was be present at the venue. Walk around. Smile, pose and what not. Easy stuff. All I cared about was the money I was promised, since this month's spending has taken a toll on my allowance @_@

Anyways after the launch of the event was over, we were asked to hand out posters at the door. Okay, so maybe it wasn't in the job description but since it was a small job we didn't mind doing (although most would feel offended being treated as mascots in a way). Our 2 hours were up and we got paid!!!! $$$$$ ch-ch-ching baby! Afterwards we changed back stage and we went off to TS to hunt for some things for my P.P project. Gosh... i'm so nervous about my first time going as a meido at a convention! In SINGAPORE TO BOOT! Hope I pull it off. Yes, I will pull it off... I think.... Gah anyways, that's all from me now. Next time I post, it'll be about Cosfest and the stuff that I experienced in SG. Till then!

P.s if anyone knows anyone who needs hiring cosplayers for an event, do let me know. I know a bunch of people who'd be willing to do so.

4 comments:

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

awesome :) what event was it?missed u as tamaki...hope Cosfest is fun :)

ReidXavi said...

It was a Manga competition launch by some company. MSC? Dunno la... but the manga prize was interesting. 3,000 for the winner and it'll be published in hard and soft copy =3 theres also 2nd and 3rd prizes in cash money but I can't remember

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

wow,sounds quite interesting.where was the event?

Lowies Chew said...

hahah...once i saw you and other face in the newspaper article, i wonder..how your guys get the offer..XD

so next time u get an offer, dont forget to me also..XD!!

some photo of u and others
http://www.comixo.com/chi/images/bulletin/articles/nationmanga2.jpg
http://voize.my/arts-culture/the-national-manga-competition-2009-launch


ShoutMix chat widget