Friday, October 10, 2008

Belated Post On : Raya

(note: this was long overdue and I left it as a draft one night and haven't touched it since.... today. Anyways, my apologies.... here's my post about raya XD like finally =P)

So after the whole month of fasting, there's that one day to look forward to (or sometimes nothing much to look forward to...) Yeah, i'm talking about RAYA!

So yeah... Raya this year fell on the 1st of October. I had managed to persuade my grandma to host and open house for friends this year so I decided to invite a bunch (my old school friends and some new faces amongst the cosplay gang). Although many were away and out of town to balik kampung (as expected) turn out to my house was reasonably good. I even posted on the CF (comic fiesta) forums and invited anyone who was interested. Free food and good company? You can't go wrong =3

I went f0r the Raya early morning prayers as usual with family and returned home to wait for my friends. I told em to come after 10.... I waited.... and waited... and waited some more... the clock struck 12 and still no one came. I was starting to get worried lol but eventually i got my first visitor AMELIA XD who came through the gates after being dropped off by her parents. We were then joined by the likes of Edmond, Rio, Shaun, Haithal, and a few others. I had to go pick up gemz and akiko from the trian station at around 1plus so I drove over to find akiko-chan sitting near the stair case (was she reading? I can't remember XD). Then I got a minor shock lols! Gemz showed up after about 1omins and in.... a BAJU KURUNG? O___________O
It is so not her lols!

I brought em home and offered em the usuals, a drink (my gramma's fruit punch, a fav amongst the guests I might add) and some kuih raya (i know a bunch of you liked the cookies you cookie monsters!) I went out a few hours later to pick up Potter and gang who arrived in the late evening. I picked up Sky too but I had to turn around to get her though (she arrived a lil late but no matter, I needed to get more Ice so it's ok Sky ;))

I tried intergrating my two groups of friends who came (EPIC FAILZ that was). My old skool friends all decided it was cooler (temp wise) to stay in the lounge and play chotaiti (did i spell that right?). My new anime/manga/and all things cosplay friends were more interested in staying in my room raiding what little manga I had on the shelf and forcing me to.... to.... watch X_X scenes from... J-j-j-JUNJOU ROMANTICA (god purge my soul lols I am a sinner!..... But so what right? OMGROLF!)

The day went along at a decent pace once my guests all arrived. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and at least we managed to take the time to leave the confines of our social circles to take a group picture =) (i know... my eyes a sepet-ed coz I'm smiling and showing joy, deal with it =3)

Everyone started making a move to get home at around 6ish. Everyone said their goodbyes and some continued texting even after they left about how good a host I make. I thank you for attending this year. May there be a nice get together next year for raya ;)

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget