Sunday, June 28, 2009

Animangaki (mini update)

Guh... i'm honestly in no mood to write very long sentences and correct grammar and what not so I'll just give a brief summary of this pretty kick ass event before returning here again to add pics and a more lengthy coverage later.

Went there at 12. Was rather tired... suffered from a heat flush as Dei calls it at exactly 3a.m where my body basically turned into an oven ready to cook me even under the harsh conditions of my room with the air conditioning and fan BOTH TURNED ON (sorry guki if you were freezing...)

TOTALLY IRRITATED by friends and strangers asking for Kuma-chan, my apologies if you feel I was acting out or being a bad sport. If I say you can't have him, you can't. Understand that he's not mine and if anything happened to him, i'd be held responsible. What if he was ripped or harmed in any way whilst you playfully attempt to get him off me with force? Not so HAHA anymore huh? I even got kicked in the head despite falling to the ground still hugging onto the darned thing. Really people, enough is enough... I was so put off by my mood it affected my portrayal of a character that should really be joyous and happy most of the time. Sorry guys if I upset you all. I didn't mean to nor did I ever wish to do so. I hope you can be understanding in letting this be water under the bridge yeah?

All rants aside, everything turned out well in the end. The event held in Sunway U got up to a slow start with the karaoke competition acting as a filler before the main attraction began. THE COSPLAY COMPETITION (Solo Portion). I was one of the finalists competing to win top seed but sadly only managed to be placed at fourth (thanks for the ninja intelligence gathering guys XP). Regardless, I HAD FUN! Whoopie! I didn't care so much for winning as much as I cared for making sure I stayed in character and entertaining all of you whom attended. I pray I met many of your expectations of a Tamaki Suoh cosplayer (although I know there are still some inaccuracies which can and can't be fixed costume and acting wise). I was just contented to hear cheers and the sounds of the crowd reacting to what I was doing on stage (and of course of applause LOL).

2morrow is a new day and I'll be doing my signature character yet again (those whom know me well enough should know who it is right guys? =P) So yeah. See ya 2morrow! Gambatte to my friends who're in the finals for the karaoke comp and my fellow cosplayers who will be attending in their respective costumes. This is your host for the day Tamaki Suoh signing off. A good night I bid~<3

6 comments:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

Oh no you had a heat flush? I like totally know what you mean about the Kuma-chan thing. I had a really obnoxious neighbor, she was 13 back then, so she mainly hung out with my sister, but I had a heart plush given to me for Valentine's by a very good guy friend of mine, and everytime she came over, she would grab it, and just squeeze it out of shape!! D8 But because my parents were friends with her parents I really couldn't snap at her, so I usually dropped hints or tried to get it away from her. XP So talking from my experience, I don't think you were being mean at all lol.

Aside from that I am totally jealous that I'm missing yet another event back home. *bawls* But I'm glad you had a great time. ^^ Looks like I won't be able to experience Tamaki!Reno.

Su Wern said...

Oh gosh something like that happened to you?! *tsk tsk* those people...
Your Tamaki is really fine. At least it's the best Tamaki cosplayer I've seen =D

ReidXavi said...

Thanks for the comments.
No worries Ito, you'll be here when i'm not. Loads of awesome cons and very few for me in UK T_T Mmm... you'll get pics on my FB XD and there's always the video of me on youtube of my performance =P i'll look for it again.

Thanks Su... yeah... but its hard to handle people in such a noisy situation so I give em a bit of leway. I had a good time anyways and day 2 made up for most of the bad from day 1. Haha you should definately try cosplay. Tis an experience to savor.

メヂウサ said...

Your Tamaki Suoh was amazing. I love your cosplay performance. You may think of improving the wig you're wearing for Tamaki Suoh e.g. cut it for a fresher and nicer look.

ReidXavi said...

Thanks ^_^ ya @_@ I wanna make it perfect next time as far as hair is concerned.... haven't gotten that just right yet. I've been told by a few people but what can you do when you're broke right? XD Life and times of a cosplayer.... its not a cheap or easy hobby lulz! ONWARDS TO DAICON/COSFEST and GACC!!!!!!!

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

ur tamaki is really good leh! can imagine tamaki right in front of me,haha.

Kuma-Chan...sorry yeah,tahu i also wanted take him but i understand how u feel...ppl wanted take him from me when i help you hold...scary...


ShoutMix chat widget