Sunday, May 10, 2009

Internet Speed (under Streamyx or shitmyx if you prefer)

So yeah, I decided to check my speed on Speedtest.net
(http://www.speedtest.net/global.php)
making sure my line is running smoothly as it should since
download speed has been sucking a bit the past few weeks.
Anyways, after having talked over msn with my friend who's
currently residing in Japan, I thought i'd use the results
to compare Japan's internet speed with our own... good lord
was I ever in for a shock...

I'm using a 4meg line under Streamyx. That's the fastest speed you're gonna get in this country. There's nothing faster than what I've got the last time I checked. Did the test and this is what I got



I think a bunch of you would say not bad considering it'd take me only 14 secs to download an Mp3 which averages out to about something as big as 5mb, 2mins for something as big as a video clip thats sized at 35Mb's and only over half an hour for a movie thats only 800megs.

At full speed the line is quite good for my standards. You dudes and dudets who're budgeting on the lower speeds are really fucked during peak hours (from all the complaints and rants i've heard from friends and family). So hearing this must garner a response like, "yeah that's a really nice line you've got there". Well after checking my results, i went on to look at the world speed index... I was totally blown out of the water as to how slow we truly are in the internet world. Malaysia is ranked at:-

Top Countries by Download Speed

  • 1. 17.83 Mb/s Korea, Republic of <<<<<<<< Shit... that's like MORE than 10times faster
  • 2. 16.07 Mb/s Japan <<<<<<<< HOMG I HAETS MY FREN WEI.....
  • 3. 11.55 Mb/s Sweden
  • 4. 11.28 Mb/s Lithuania
  • 5. 10.33 Mb/s Romania
  • 6. 10.11 Mb/s Latvia
  • 7. 9.40 Mb/s Bulgaria
  • 8. 8.97 Mb/s Netherlands
  • 9. 7.59 Mb/s Germany
  • 10. 7.39 Mb/s Russian Federation
  • 11. 7.26 Mb/s Moldova, Republic of
  • 12. 7.23 Mb/s Slovakia
  • 13. 7.15 Mb/s Switzerland
  • 14. 7.04 Mb/s Finland
  • 81. 1.67 Mb/s Malaysia <<<<<<<>

O_O we're so slow... anyways... I hope we increase in speed soon... this is freaking unacceptable wei. Owh and UPGRADE TO A FASTER LINE XD or not...

No comments:


ShoutMix chat widget