Thursday, March 26, 2009

ACGC 2009






DAY 1

OMG... I can't believe it... You have no idea how long I had to wait for this thing to come and now... its over...? Hahahaha well its been 3 months since I cosplayed at my first ever Comic Fiesta last December. Well ACGC 09 has come and gone. Nevertheless it was one of the best weekends I've ever had (cosplaying of course! =D).






So yeah, I got sick.... before, during and after the event but I'd rather not talk about that since i'm healing up good. Anyways, so saturday morning was a slow one... me and Dei were up late recording skits for our performances and by the time our alarms went off, we didn't feel like getting out of our beds XD so yeah... we eventually got ourselves together and followed our friend Aoshi to the venue. Thanks for getting us there man!



So we got there and met up with a couple of friends. The mall is pretty new so there wasn't much to see. What we were glad to find was a fully stocked Toys R Us where I happily found and bought my Double Barrel Nerf Shotgun from. (Shotgun guy cosplay here I come!) Called Dante afterwards and before long I was ready, suited up and walking around as Vergil along side my "brother" Dante >D



The event hall's lighting was what really caught my eye. THE LIGHTING IS EPIC!!!! So much natural light. So for once in my cosplay life, I didn't hear photogs whining about the bad lighting in a con venue lol! Sadly though, I felt our portrayal of the characters were impaired by our props... my sword was broken at the hilt (thanks to Dante's friend who was horsing around with it) and Dante's sword kept bending at the base of the blade due to the weight. So i couldn't unsheath the sword like I needed to and Dante had trouble doing overhead slashes.... Heck he couldn't move the darn thing without worrying about it breaking... all in all I suppose we had a good time. I still can't believe I cosplayed one half of a twin with a guy who shares the same birthdate with me (except he's a year older)

Nothing much else to mention about the first day except for the competition that the DMC group won. GO TO DMC GO TO DMC!!!! XD Man was I ever tired once I got home.... owh... and there was that J Rock No Tamashii concert I went to with Dei, Akiko and Sky.... Silvenia was there too as well as Dustyhawk who all seemed to have a brill time. I on the otherhand kept falling asleep from the exhaustion and frankly.... the music wasn't really going with me at the time... half the songs I'd rather listen to at home on my Sony Speakers.... guess it got better after I left early but whatever...


DAY2

I went to Sunway in the morning for a DDR comp. I lost.... first round.... but she was at my level. My stamina wasn't as good as it used to be.... at least I styled my way through XD the audience loved it lol! If I had stayed I might've gotten an award.... owh well.... So I rushed to ACGC right after that.....














I got dressed and brought everyone their things. Vodka bottle for Tsubasa and the bath robe for Sky Peg as well as a few other things for my skit. Found Chris and he passed me the wig he'd cut and styled for me. Finally I looked into the mirror and I saw a familiar face staring back. Spiked Reno was back ;P he's no longer down XD

Come on!!!!

ORRRYAAAAAAA!!!!!!


So it was time to walk out and pose pose pose!!!! WHEEEEEEE!!!! Of course theres also girls girls girls!!!!


Two Kawaii Girls that are fans of my friend SS/Nakamura

Reno and KlanKlang


Met up with some goth people from HELP who were promoting C2AGE. They were cool, posed with me for some photos. Surprisingly Reno fit right in with them... guess it was the whole suit thing... but anyways.... I like the shots I got off from the net. Here are some






























I didn't get to talk to them much but they seemed like a cool bunch. Hope to see you guys in the future ;) On the competition..... guh..... I failed...... the first 2 rounds went well. I was Reno in speech and in form..... judges even booked me in the master catagory (the highest one above journeyman and novice). Sadly, my skit failed due to technical difficulties on my end (the PA guys aren't at fault.... my recording just wasn't loud enough for it to be heard sadly....) I was devastated..... but I guess everyone has their bad days right? Hurm....

Just being Reno~


ORRRYAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!


I'm not hungry.... just chillin~


Well the competition ran for quite awhile... took like 5 6 hours... we were all tired.... but despite that, we all were in high spirits to take shots like this






































I kinda EMO-ed after the comp coz of what happened to my skit.... so uh... if anyone needs to see Reno in EMO-MODE here's your chance and near the sakura trees too~


The Flowers.... Simply Beautiful~


I got happier later tho ^^ everyone comforted me and cheered me up so I could go on to pose all cute like this

PUUUUU~ <3<3<3<3>


So yeah, great event and I had fun despite getting really sick afterwards. I'm tired of typing so i'll just end it with a few more joyful pics.


















Owh and for those of you who were wondering.... I DID TAKE THAT DARN COSPLAY REST AREA SIGN HOME!!!! XD


I GOT A BIGGER SIGN THAN THE WINNERS!!! XD

Sayonara~ <3<3<3<3>

8 comments:

JeNn-kun said...

Holy crap!!! You're reno!!! XD XD XD. Chunted!!! But i didn't know you cosplay as a girl too -.- with mokona =.= holy crappppp

cappyfish said...

LOL, where did that Mokona come from?? XD

Glad to hear you guys had fun! Sorry you were so down after the cosplay contest ... hope your cold is better now, too! ^^

I can't believe you share the same birthday as Dante! That's like ... twin cosplay TO THE EXTREME~!! XD

ReidXavi said...

Hahaha mokona came from ACGC 2009. I bought it from a booth that was under Akiko.wolf. I found it cute and cuddly. and yeah me and Dante twin cosplay to the extreme baby!!! Its a sign from god lols!

ben hew said...

heyyy reno =D hahaha i'm the tux guy in the HELP goth group thingy. it was REALLY COOL seeing you in that costume as i'm quite a big fan of the final fantasy series, especially 7, so yea xp it was like a childhood dream come true! of course it helped that your wig rocked SO MUCH XD
ahahahhahaha so yea it was nice meeting you, looking forward to hopefully seeing you cosplaying at C2AGE =D

Ay Ike Jay said...

+sweatdrop+ orz. Reno.. didn't see that coming... I thought you're joking around on bringing that sign home... ara~~ LOL..

Unknown said...

OMG gila CUTE >o< Dang I only came one Day1! =.=

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

i want the Mokona!!!

Captain Sagara said...

OMFG I MISSED YOU AS RENO T___T OHHHHH *FANGIRLS AT PHOTOS ONLY HUHUHU*


ShoutMix chat widget