Friday, April 3, 2009

Sociological Issues...

I've always been interested in sociological issues related to people. One thing i'm sure of now is that; ALL of us; we will never truly get along with each other. There will always be arguments, there will always be disagreements and there will always be DIFFERENCE. I've even come to conclude that if everyone on the planet were the same in all things, we'd still have these problems *squints out of frustration* sigh....

I mean yeah, battles have been fought over ideals as well as over race, religion and culture but recently I came across several pointless arguments that were blown out of proportion. I found that people even debated about things like the use of a controller pad over a mouse and keyboard. Now I suppose its fine to have a preference but to use such profane language in an argument over what you use for gaming is quite pointless I think... so WHAT if I like using a mouse? So what If I like to use my PS3 controller for some games? How does it affect you? Goodness.... Theres no need to be so forceful in your opinions.

Recently I was given a link to someone's blog. He visited an ACGC event I had attended a few weeks back. He gave his honest opinion about what he thought of the quality of cosplay at the event (and Malaysia) despite being VERY illinformed of the details (he thought the cosplayers were hired by the event organizers and was very judgemental of them simply because they did not match up to his expectations). He was a tad rude in presenting these opinions and when he mentioned the race of the cosplayers in his comments he received a great backlash from the other visitors to his blog soon after.

A simple misunderstanding turned into something much more complex. I just don't know whats the problem with people. I think we've just been taught the wrong way to handle conflicts and arguments. I'm not saying I'm not one of them (i'm not perfect and I can get pretty personal depending on the topic) but i'm just concerned at where this attitude is going to lead us. This thing's just been circulating in my head for awhile so I figured I'd pour it here to clear my head. *shakes head* I just don't understand some people....

3 comments:

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

It's funny, cos' I'm majoring in Communications but minoring in International Studies, so in our Intro to International Relations tute, the boys (most of them Aussie, one from Afghanistan) started arguing over what they should do to save the environment, without consuming more natural resources, without getting 'political', and three solutions came about: 1) Advance in technology, 2) We move to the moon (and more argument came up about national funding), 3) One guy, actually said, nuke half the world = China and India.

Then our tutor says "We have some international students in the room, let's see what they think. *directs class's gaze to me and other Taylorians, me first* Where are you from? China?"

"What? No!"

Then the whole class, goes into a fit of laughter, but if there was a Chinese student in there, he'd prolly be sinking in his seat by then. O_o

But yeah, people fight over the random-est things. My cousin in Form 5 seems to have so much drama in her life, because her friends are fighting over who gets to be captain of the Girl Guides, or she shouldn't be captain of the sports house because she's unworthy.

C'mon, seriously? This is high school, we have other things to worry about, like our new prime minister.

ReidXavi said...

Well put, *laughs about the China comment LOL* I bet he was sinking in his seat. Mmm... we humans do argue over the simplest of things and enjoy blowing them out of proportion due to emotion or upbringing (simply replying rudely to a simple reply can stir up hell...)

New prime minister >_< why do I have a bad feeling about this exchange of power all of a sudden... *hint hint*

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

Yeah I know what you mean, I brought a friend to another friend's party, and he was smoking amongst us, so my friend's sister (even though this is memang the way she speaks la) said "Eh, you wanna die, then die alone la, don't involve us all."

So as we were going home, I asked how the party was, and he was like, "Yeah her sister's a bitch yeh?" Even though there was no actual harm meant in her statement. I guess it is upbringing and emotion. I knew her well so I wasn't phased by what she said, but he didn't, and he took offense.

And Badawi's administration as PM was surprisingly short. O_O Must be all the pressure.


ShoutMix chat widget